Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
GPS Data Accuracy Statement
The maps and route data within this website do not represent a complete or accurate map of the area and should not be used in such a manner that deficiencies, omissions, inaccuracies or errors could result in death, loss or injury.
While all reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that all information on this website is accurate, there may be errors or inaccuracies.
The maps provided within this website are an iterative ongoing work-in-progress. This website may include information which includes, but may not be limited to, driving, inland navigation, marine navigation, whitewater sports, hiking, mountain climbing, rock climbing, bicycling, flood prone areas and objects and winter sports which are dangerous at the best of times.
You are strongly advised not to use information from this website as your primary or sole information source for navigation. Obtain a second map or guide if you are unsure about the presence of hazards, or other navigational aspects of the activities posted within this website.
Use Caution: The data sets which produce route lines within this website have been simplified in order to reduce the number of track points required for detailed lines. This allows more features to be loaded into your GPS unit as these devices have track point number limitations of varying sizes. As a result the lines may be up to 33 feet (10 meters) from their defined position.
You should not use a GPS unit or carry out other distracting mapping activities if you are not sufficiently confident, or require full concentration while driving or doing a sport or outdoor activity. As always, make sure you have all the necessary equipment and training, take all sensible precautions, and be aware of the risks.
Although reasonable efforts have been made to ensure the correctness and accuracy of the GPS information provided within this website, the Town of Johnsburg makes no representations, either express or implied, as to the accuracy, currency, completeness or suitability for any particular purpose of the information and accepts no liability for any use of such information or any responsibility for any reliance placed on that information. The User acknowledges that the GPS information cannot be guaranteed to be error free and that use of the GPS information provided within this website is at the User’s sole risk and that the GPS information contained in this website may be subject to change without notice.
Communication With Us
We have several different e-mail addresses for different inquiries. These and other contact information can be found on our Contact Us page, at the Town offices and the Town’s official literature. Our address, phone and fax numbers are:
Town of Johnsburg Town Hall
219 Main Street
North Creek, NY 12853
Phone: (518) 251-2421
Fax: (518) 251-9991
Cookie Usage Statement
1. About Cookies
Cookies are files, often including unique identifiers, that are sent by web servers to web browsers, and which may then be sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website, and to identify users returning to a website.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
2. Cookies on the Website
We use both session cookies and persistent cookies on the website.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. The cookies used on the website include those which are strictly necessary cookies for access and navigation, cookies that track usage (performance cookies), remember your choices (functionality cookies), and cookies that may provide you with targeted content.
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
- To recognize your computer when you visit the website
- To track you as you navigate the website
- To improve the website’s usability
- To analyze the use of the website
- In the administration of the website
- For the security of the website
- To personalize the website for you, including targeting content which may be of particular interest to you.
4. Third Party Cookies
We do not use third party cookies within the website.
5. Blocking Cookies
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example:
- in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector;
- in Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, and un-checking “Accept cookies from sites” in the “Privacy” box.
- in Google Chrome you can adjust your cookie permissions by clicking “Options”, “Under the hood”, Content Settings in the “Privacy” section. Click on the Cookies tab in the Content Settings.
- in Safari you can block cookies by clicking “Preferences”, selecting the “Privacy” tab and “Block cookies”.
Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you may not be able to use certain features on this website such as logging in, accessing content and/or using the search functions.
6. Deleting Cookies
You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer:
- Internet Explorer; you must manually delete cookie files;
- Firefox; you can delete cookies by, first ensuring that cookies are to be deleted when you “clear private data” (this setting can be changed by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Settings” in the “Private Data” box) and then clicking “Clear private data” in the “Tools” menu.
- Google Chrome; you can adjust your cookie permissions by clicking “Options”, “Under the hood”, Content Settings in the “Privacy” section. Click on the Cookies tab in the Content Settings.
- Safari; you can delete cookies by clicking “Preferences”, selecting the “Privacy” tab and “Remove All Website Data”.
Obviously, doing this may have a negative impact on the usability of many websites, including this one.
While we make reasonable efforts to ensure the availability of this website to all users, there is no guarantee, expressed or implied, that this website will be available on the day(s), date(s) and time(s) a user will wish to access it. The Town does not warrant that the service from this site will be uninterrupted, timely or error free.
Unless otherwise stated, the services featured on this website are only available within the United States, or in relation to postings from the United States. All content on this website is intended solely for use within the United States. You are solely responsible for evaluating the fitness for a particular purpose of any downloads, programs, text and images available through this site.
Links to this Website
You may not create a link to any page of this website without our prior written consent. If you do create a link to a page of this website you do so at your own risk and the exclusions and limitations set out herein will apply to your use of this website by linking to it.
Links from this Website
We do not monitor or review the content of other party’s websites which are linked to from this website (such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.). Opinions expressed or material appearing on such websites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by us and we should not be regarded as the publisher of such opinions or material. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site to read the privacy statements of these sites. You should evaluate the security and trustworthiness of any other site connected to this site or accessed through this site yourself, before disclosing any personal information to them. The Town of Johnsburg will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner, howsoever caused, resulting from your disclosure to third parties of personal information.
All content on this website is Copyright © Town of Johnsburg, State of New York. Redistribution or republication of any part of this site or its content is prohibited, including such by framing or other similar or any other means, without the express written consent of the Town. By using this service you thereby indemnify this Town, its employees, consultants, independent contractors, agents and affiliates against any loss or damage, in whatever manner, howsoever caused.
Confidentiality of Information You Provide To Us
As we are a New York State governmental agency, all information you provide to us within this website is subject to disclosure pursuant to New York State’s Freedom of Information Law (FOIL).
We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, secure the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. Additionally, for systems administration, detecting usage patterns and troubleshooting purposes our web servers automatically log standard access information including browser type, type of operating system, access times, open mail, URL requested, and referral URL. This information is not shared with third parties and is used only for the Town on a need-to-know basis. Any individually identifiable information related to this data will never be used in any way different to that stated herein without your explicit permission.
Use of Information
You agree not to use any of the information within this website for any unlawful purpose, to harass, intimidate, annoy or alarm any person, business or government agency.
Notification of Changes
Failure of either Party to insist upon strict performance of any provision of this or any agreement or the failure of either Party to exercise any right or remedy to which it, he or they are entitled hereunder shall not constitute a waiver thereof and shall not cause a diminution of the obligations under this or any agreement. No waiver of any of the provisions of this or any agreement shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be such and is signed by both Parties.
Disclaimer, Exclusions and Limitations
The information on this website is provided on an “as is” basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Town of Johnsburg:
- Excludes all representations and warranties relating to this website and its contents or which is or may be provided by any affiliates or any other third party, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions in this website and/or the Town’s literature; and
- Excludes all liability for damages arising out of or in connection with your use of this website. This includes, without limitation, direct loss, loss of business or profits (whether or not the loss of such profits was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you have advised the Town of the possibility of such potential loss), damage caused to any electronic device including but not limited to your computer, GPS device, cell phone, laptop, computer software, systems and programs and the data thereon or any other direct or indirect, consequential and incidental damages.
- Does not exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence. The above exclusions and limitations apply only to the extent permitted by law. None of your statutory rights are affected.
Acceptance of Terms